Sunday, December 21, 2008

Fluffer Horse

You know, I thought I had a pretty bad lot in life. I was dismissed from college, I'm out of work and I'm spending Saturday night updating my blog, instead of partying. I thought I was nearing rock bottom. Tonight I saw the truth. Tonight I realized it could get worse. Tonight one man put my life in perspective. That man's name James Marsden.

In case you don't know the name, he is the actor that played Cyclops in the X-Men franchise. And let me tell you, this guy has had it worse. This guy has been in five great movies: the X-men trilogy, Superman Returns and The Notebook.

Fluffed again. Marsden's shocked he's getting dumped after giving Louis a ride to the hospital.

Now friends, let me tell you about horse breeding. In the process of fertilizing a mare, there is something called the fluffer. Mares often kick at studs when mounted and the kick of a horse can be quite damaging to the reproductive system. Since stud horses can be quite valuable it is important that they aren't kicked. The fluffer's purpose is to see if the mare will kick when she is being mounted. They bring the fluffer up to the mare and have it mount her. If she doesn't kick they quickly pull the fluffer off and let the stud get to work. This is the worst existence in life. I don't know what's worse being forced off ones partner during sex or a bone shattering kick to the nuts.

James Marsden is the Hollywood equivalent of the fluffer horse. In the X-Men trilogy he plays Cyclops who is engaged to Jean Gray. In the final installment of the trilogy he is betrayed and murdered by Jean Gray, whose heart belongs to Logan. In Superman return he plays Richard white, the fiancé of Louis Lane. At the end of the movie she dumps him for her baby's daddy Superman, but not before mooching a last ride to the hospital. Lastly in the Notebook he plays Rachel McAdam's fiancé whom she dumps for her ex-boyfriend Ryan Gosling.

This guy, like the fluffer, horse has existed solely to warm up the women so the hero can sweep them of their feet. Luckily Marsden career has seemed to be changing. In 2007 he appeared in 27 Dresses. Now I haven't seen that one, but he plays the male lead and I thnk he gets the girls at the end.

So, the next time you feel down, think about James Marsden and the fluffer horse and remember it could be worse. And don't fret too much, even the fluffer horse gets to finish every now and then.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment